What Are Multi-Level Care Communities ~ Options In Denver, Colorado
Multi-level care communities for seniors are springing up all over the Denver metro area, and they’re a welcome addition to senior living options.
What Are Multi-Level Care Communities
As the needs and preferences of seniors change, and medical and health issues become more complex, the lines are blurring between types of facilities and care for seniors, and this is a good thing.
Communities that are largely made up of independent living units are now offering assisted living and memory care services and/or units. Residential care facilities are offering low-level memory support. Some senior living communities are even offering a full continuum of care, so that seniors aren’t forced to move as their daily living and medical needs increase.
Levels Of Care In Multi-Level Care Communities In Denver
The levels of care offered in multi-level care communities might include the following:
How To Compare Multi-Level Care Communities In Denver
When choosing a multi-level care community (for yourself or someone you love), here are some of the criteria you can compare:
- cost per month
- cost for “a la carte” services
- initial move-in or “buy-in” cost
- private pay or Medicaid
- levels of care offered (e.g. independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing)
- how many residents are in each of the levels of care
- staff to resident ratio for each level of care
- living quarters (e.g. apartments, private rooms, shared rooms, etc.)
- amenities and activities for residents
- outdoor spaces
- location in the Denver metro area (general area and neighborhood)
Click to read further about the top 10 reasons to move into a multi-level care community.
Other Resources For Senior Living In Denver
Below are resources describing other senior living options:
What Is Independent Living
What Is Assisted Living
What Are Residential Care Facilities
What Are Nursing Homes
What Is Memory Care
What Are Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs)
What Is Hospice Care
What Are In-Home Care Agencies
What Are Senior Advisors