What Are Short-Term Stays ~ Options In Denver, Colorado
Short-term stays can be used for:
- transitioning – from your own home to an assisted living facility or memory care facility
- transitioning – from the hospital back to your own home, independent living, assisted living, or memory care
- recovery – from accidents, injuries, illnesses, or surgery
- emergency stop-gap – providing safe care while a more permanent living arrangement is found
- respite care – for primary caregivers who need a break, are going on vacation, or become ill themselves and can’t provide care
Short-term stays are available throughout the Denver metro area at:
- assisted living facilities
- residential care facilities
- memory care facilities
- skilled nursing facilities (nursing homes)
Short-Term Stays At Assisted Living Facilities In Denver
Some assisted living facilities throughout Denver offer short-term stays, ranging from a single day to several months. Also, most assisted living facilities have standard month-to-month leases, with a 30-day notice required to terminate the lease, so you don’t have to make a long-term commitment upfront.
Short-Term Stays At Residential Care Facilities In Denver
Finding a residential care facility in the Denver area that offers short-term stays for seniors can be more challenging, because most of these board and care homes only accommodate 6-10 residents and may rarely have a room available. Your best chance of finding a residential care facility with short-term stays is to contact a company that owns multiple residential homes.
Short-Term Stays At Memory Care Facilities In Denver
Some memory care facilities throughout Denver offer short-term stays, ranging from a single day to several months. Also, most memory care facilities have standard month-to-month leases, with a 30-day notice required to terminate the lease, so you don’t have to make a long-term commitment upfront.
Short-Term Stays At Skilled Nursing Facilities / Nursing Homes In Denver
Short-term stays are fairly common at nursing homes throughout the Denver metro area. Skilled nursing facilities are accustomed to caring for seniors who recovering from illnesses, injuries, or surgery. Nursing homes also often bridge the gap for seniors who have been discharged from the hospital, but aren’t ready to go home or return to independent living, assisted living, or memory care.