What’s Included In Memory Care In Denver
To schedule a free consultation with a Senior Advisor, please call Marnie Biln, (303) 222-5281 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The consultation is free to seniors and their families, and the senior advisement, and placement services are also free.
The best memory care setting or facility can be one of the most challenging types of care to find for seniors. In part this is because the way that memory issues manifest can vary dramatically from person to person, and also because it is hard to predict the future and how rapidly memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s will impact someone.
Fortunately, there is a wide range of memory care options available in the Denver metro area, ranging from residential care homes that integrate memory support into their daily care to secured memory care wings, buildings, or facilities.
The key to selecting the best memory care setting is to plan for today…and tomorrow. In the early stages of memory loss, you (or your loved one) might not require much day-to-day support. But by the advanced stages of memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s, you could need the highest level of care, supervision, and security. Fortunately, many facilities in the Denver metro area understand this and offer increased levels of care for seniors as their memories and cognitive abilities deteriorate.
In general, here is what might be included in memory care in the Denver area:
- 3 meals per day, plus snacks
- assistance with eating / feeding
- assistance with dressing, grooming, and bathing
- assistance with using the toilet (reminders and supervision)
- assistance with incontinence (bladder and bowel)
- assistance with medications
- housekeeping and laundry
- emergency call systems
- daytime and nighttime supervision
- secured and locked environments
- specially-trained caregivers
- attention for confusion and wandering
- customized activities for the appropriate level of dementia
- physical therapy
- cognitive therapy
- on-site visits from physicians and other healthcare providers
Memory Care Options In Denver
Memory care can be provided in:
- assisted living facilities that offer memory care
- residential care facilities that offer memory care
- memory care facilities
- nursing homes / skilled nursing facilities that offer memory care
- multi-level care communities that offer memory care
- continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) that offer memory care
If you would like help finding the right community or facility for yourself or a loved one, please contact Senior Advisor, Marnie Biln, (303) 222-5281. Her senior advisement and placement services are free.
Marnie helps seniors and their families find communities and facilities in the Denver metro area and Front Range, including: Denver, Aurora, Littleton, Englewood, Centennial, Highlands Ranch, Denver Tech Center, Lone Tree, Parker, Castle Rock, Lakewood, Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Golden, Thornton, Northglenn, Brighton, Commerce City, Westminster, Louisville, Longmont, Lafayette, Boulder, Fort Collins, and Colorado Springs.
If you are interested in other senior living options in the Denver metro area, see also:
What’s Included In Independent Living In Denver
What’s Included In Assisted Living In Denver
What’s Included In Residential Care Facilities In Denver
What’s Included In Multi-Level Care Communities In Denver
What’s Included In Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) In Denver